Charmaine Clarice Relucio Pemengco was born on the 10th of May 1992. She started her career at a very early age and helped her family where she could by doing singing at competitions. She also appeared on Oprah Winfrey’s Talk show where she basically got a kick off at her career. She was entitled as one of the worlds most talented children.
She is a Filipina singer well known as Charice and even though she sings in English she does not have that accent. Her debut album which was released May 11, 2010 by the record company Reprise Records has been on many charts. The album consists of 12 tracks and all of them are wonderful to listen to. Charice proves her wonderful vocal ability in this album.
The hits in this album are Pyramid (feat. Iyaz), Note to God and Reset.The album is aimed at the younger people but people of any age can listen to it as there is a little something for everybody in the songs that has been produced in this album. Here is a list of the first seven tracks and a review on each of them:
- Pyramid ft Iyaz …This is the single that basically attracted most people into buying the album. It has reached top charts and has a great video. This song has a lot of meaning to it and has the most beautiful notes.
- Reset – She goes all out in this song as she not only sings but raps.
- In this song …A heartbreaking song that looks at her life. This song will get you thinking about what you have in your life and will make you appreciate life more. It is very motivational. It was written by David Foster.
- Nobodys singing to me…Could fall under R&B. Great lyrics.
- Thank you …This song could be dedicated to anyone that you want to thank. She sings this to her mother.
- I Love you… The vocals in this song are extremely high and it just again proved the value of her voice. Amazing.
- In Love so deep …Beautiful lyrics, very catchy.
The other five tracks are: Nothing, the Truth Is, I did it for you and Note to God which all have deep meanings to them and are sung beautifully. This is a great album that anyone can listen to and will be brought to tears!!!